Diabetes courses (structured education)
Everyone who has been diagnosed with diabetes should be offered a chance to attend an education course. This is best done around the time of diagnosis if possible. These courses are called STRUCTURED EDUCATION. Find out more about types of structured education below, and ask your healthcare team to refer you to a local course.
Know Diabetes has created an online structured education course for people newly diagnosed with type 2 diabetes. My Type 2 Diabetes: The Online Education Course includes information on the following topics: what diabetes is, how diabetes is diagnosed, managed and monitored as well as information on complications of diabetes and advice about living with diabetes. For more information click here.
- What Type 2 diabetes is
- Information on leading a healthy lifestyle
- How to treat the condition, Including glucose monitoring, medication, insulin and the care to expect.
- Possible complications and how to reduce them
- Practical advice on living with Type 2 diabetes
This free 10 week online programme is available to anyone with or without diabetes.
- It includes video clips, recipes, trackers, support and downloadable content.
This is a course with a paper manual to read at home, about exercise and healthy eating and includes three telephone conversations with a coach/facilitator. It is currently available free in Harrow. Tel: 07885 499 943