FREE PATIENT EDUCATION – TYPE 2 DIABETES SELF MANAGEMENT
We are able to offer a choice of 2 group education programmes for people with Type 2 diabetes to help you gain the knowledge and confidence to manage your condition and improve your well being.
OPTION 1 X-PERT:
X-PERT is a nationally accredited course for 6 Afternoons or Evenings over 6 Weeks. All sessions last for 2½ hours.
Covering the following main topics:
- Session 1 – What is Diabetes?
- Session 2 – Weight management
- Session 3 – Carbohydrate Awareness
- Session 4 – Understand Food Labels
- Session 5 – Possible Complications
- Session 6 – Are you an X-PERT Game
Comments from patients:
- ‘This is the first time in 10 years of being a diabetic that anybody has told me these things’
- ‘I am more at ease with diabetes from what I have learnt and able to control it better’
- ‘I was very impressed – the sessions have been delivered in a manner that had obviously gone beyond that required to make them understandable’
- ‘This course was really helpful in helping me understand diabetes as all demonstrations were in laymen’s language – programme should have been implemented years ago’
OPTION 2 INTRODUCTION TO DIABETES SELF MANAGEMENT:
As a taster attend Week One of the X-Pert course, before deciding whether you will attend all six sessions.
If you would like further information about X-Pert courses in Hammersmith & Fulham or in Westminster call 020 8102 6095.
For Kensington & Chelsea please call 020 8102 500 or contact the Central Booking Office, Tel: 020 8962 4499, email email@example.com .
In Hounslow call 07855 380 422 or 020 7798 0872.
Please include the following details:
- Date of Birth
- Telephone Number
- Option preferred
In Kensington & Chelsea there are regular evening X-Pert courses, as well as in the daytime. A shortened four session course is available in Arabic.
In Westminster there are frequent X-Pert courses.
In Hounslow there are also evening courses and courses in Hindi and Punjabi